Join the PEM Team!
Thank you for your interest in a career at PEM. Browse through this page to learn about PEM’s benefits and our available job opportunities.
- Competitive Pay
Our total compensation philosophy is to pay based on performance. This philosophy is used throughout the company to reward employees in alignment with company and individual performance. Your individual performance impacts your base pay, while variable pay depends on company performance.
- Health Care
One of the most vital components of PEM’s total compensation is our employer paid benefits package including medical and dental insurance. Our medical plans cover comprehensive medical services, including:
- Prescription drugs
- Preventive services covered at 100%
- Emergency care
- Doctor and hospital visits, including maternity and well-baby care
- Doctor on Demand
The health of our employees has a significant impact on their life – both at home and at work. That’s why we offer our employees and their families the tools to live the healthy lifestyle. Employees are encouraged to play an active role in their health and take advantage of company-sponsored wellness programs and resources.
- Savings & Investments
Our 401k, administered by Principal Financial, provides an opportunity to save on a pre-tax and after-tax basis. The company will match a portion of your contributions, up to the first 6% you defer.
Employees receive discounts for cellular phone plans, health club memberships and safety footwear.
Paid Time Off
The standard vacation policy starts with thirteen days within your first year. The number of vacation days increases with continuous employment, up to a maximum of twenty-three days of vacation annually.
Our holiday schedule recognizes that you want to be with family and friends on important occasions throughout the year. PEM recognizes the 6 Major Holidays: Memorial Day, Labor Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
We partner with the Waterloo Career Center and the Advanced Manufacturing program by offering students in the Waterloo Community School district who are enrolled in the program an opportunity to complete their apprenticeship here at PEM. They receive a hands-on overview of manufacturing processes and career choices while gaining valuable knowledge about the company’s products and services. Students work with cutting-edge technology, including high-level CADD programming like Innovator, 3-D printers, CNC machinery, plasma cutters and welding components.
Culture & Values
We are a team of individuals with a passion for providing our customers the highest quality solutions for their business. Since all of our products are custom designed and manufactured for each customer, we thrive on ingenuity and relentless attention to detail. We value all employees, and the contributions that they make toward the success of our customers.
- Education & Training
PEM provides employees at all levels with increased opportunities to acquire critical business skills and job competencies necessary in meeting the exciting challenges of the future through the Educational Assistance Program.
Industrial Mechanic/CNC Service Technician | Full Time
- Read and use technical manuals to understand equipment and controls when installing, repairing, or changing machine parts and attachments.
- Disassemble/reassemble machinery/equipment; and inventory, requisition, organize, and maintain all parts, materials and supplies related to the normal operation of the equipment.
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components under the supervision of department supervisor and senior mechanic(s) and according to prescribed procedures and work instructions.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance and observe operation of machines to make sure that the machine is running smoothly.
CNC Machinist | Full Time
- Enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes, and CNC.
- Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine spindles as specified, using hand tools, or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
- Loads and unloads pieces to be machined, using hoists and hand tools to lift and secure on machining table.